Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Capybara is the largest living rodent in the world...

Summer nights are best enjoyed in basements with loved ones. Or something like that, anyway. Joe's parents got the new couch upstairs and it looks dazzling. The old furniture ended up downstairs in the finished basement and I've migrated down with it, TV and video games in hand. I finished Fable II for the second time and got most of the achievements that I (someone without Xbox Live) am capable of. We even got in some Rock Band (which I've been itching to play for awhile).

My neck and back are feeling better after a visit to the chiropractor. She informed me of some exercises I can do so that my body stops falling apart. The transition away from caffeine/soda should be helpful. I'm not getting caffeine withdrawal headaches anymore and that's always a plus.

I spent a lot of time playing Culdcept Saga last night and a short while playing it today. It's an Xbox 360 game that is a mixture of Magic: The Gathering and Monopoly. That's right... MTG and Monopoly. No, I'm not exaggerating it  or being silly. It's exactly that. You move around a playing board set down monsters on tiles and when your enemies land on them you collect revenue. If said enemy is feeling courageous they'll use their own monsters (which by the way are CARDS) and you'll have a Magicesque stand off for the territory. The games even last countless hours. What would Monopoly and MTG be without the hours and hours of productivity consumption? 

At work today I read about this free browser-based MMORPG named Earth Eternal. It's like a free WoW clone with animals instead of people. I've been poking at it tonight and it's absolutely dead. It doesn't seem like a lot of people play it. 
My goat lady :D

On a different note, I finally paid for my Summer II class. Part of me was somewhat hoping that they would be like "I'm sorry, you're past the payment date and you've been dropped from the class," so that I could get a break this summer, but alas I was "lucky" enough to have made it in time to pay. Oh well, I'll be happy when I have one less class to worry about. I just feel exhausted and wish I had the chance to enjoy more than a few days of my summer. I guess the long weekends will make up for it.

*The sky is over...*


2 comments:

  1. Estus Capybara http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/Capybara_Hattiesburg_Zoo_%2870909b-42%29_2560x1600.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, you couldn't have TinyURLed it?

    ReplyDelete