Friday, June 25, 2010

A new chassis...

Brother has Overhaulin' on and they're trying to figure out if they should change the whole chassis or try to fix the old one. This seems much less ridiculous than the episode of Pimp My Ride that we saw last night. Someone should overhaul my van. That'd be nice. The Dragon Wagon needs to stop sucking.

That reminds me that I had a strange dream last night. It started with me going to an old ladies' house for a party. When everyone got there we found out that someone had broken into her house right before we got there and she was a little shaken up, but we decided to have the party anyway. Once it was over everyone was leaving I decided to stay with her because I thought she would be scared of staying home by herself after what had happened. She had to go out and do some errands so I stayed in the house to keep an eye on things. After the sun set a handsome man, seemingly in his 20s, broke into the house and I tried to stop him but he somehow convinced me that he didn't have malicious intentions and instead we talked. I distinctly remember his name being Nick and he looked like an older version of what I had imagined the main character (Nick) from The Child Thief by Brom looked like. Suddenly we realized the woman would be home soon and I was trying to convince Nick to leave before they caught him. He ran out and a few moments later another man (that resembled Xzibit, a result of being subjected to Pimp My Ride right before bed) came running down the stairs. I was yelling at him and asked him if he worked with Nick. He seemed to find me amusing and grabbed my hand and we walked out of the house into the night. While walking I told him we couldn't pass by one street because we were directly in front of my grandparents' house and they would flip if they saw me walking around late at night with a stranger. He disregarded me and instead we just ran by the house. I kept asking him about Nick and he thought it was funny that I was so interested. He also admitted to me that  he was only 16 and I thought it was strange that he looked younger than when I'd first looked at him. I admitted to being 22 and he brought me to a building and told me Nick could be found on the 2nd floor. Then he said something like, "You and Nicky? Yeah... that'd be good." I took the elevator up and got off on the 2nd floor. There was a thin ledge that led out of the elevator door and then there was a gap, followed by a train track followed by another gap and followed by another floor. I had to jump across. On the other side, there were offices everywhere and I was looking through them for Nick. There were a lot of people in some of the offices and all of them had sheets over the desks and furniture and paint cans and tools scattered all over them, giving the impression that they were under construction. I realized then that I didn't remember what Nick looked like and felt like I would never find him. I found a hallway that seemed to lead to this big garden and as I walked through it a kid passed by me. We both suddenly stopped and turned and looked at each other and I recognized that it was Nick, but he looked 10 years younger. We were walking and talking and he told me he was also 16 and I felt uncomfortable and wanted to leave because he was getting on my nerves.

It was a very strange dream and I'm not sure how it ended. The whole dream had a strange, eerie vibe to it. Not really sure what it means but I thought it was worth documenting.

I'm working on sorting through all of my pictures with Picasa and setting up all the right dates on them. It's a big job that I've been working on for a few weeks now. I think I'm almost done. It'll be nice to have all of my pictures backed up and tagged with the right people.

*The sky is over...*

1 comment:

  1. “All human beings are also dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together.” Jack Kerouac

    ReplyDelete