Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Who knows...

I started working on an outline for a "short" story the other day and so far it has left short story territory and entered novelette lands armed with only a short sword and some rations. I rarely do the "outline" thing but I am always so busy lately that I do not always have the time to just sit and write for hours and days, so the outline helps me remember where the story was going and such. It seems to work with other some stories in the past, so I figured it couldn't hurt. I am a little irked that I can't think of an ending for this. I usually have the ending before I have anything else, I tend to work backwards. But this story is jut taunting me. Maybe my beginning and middle are not so well defined that it leads me to a proper ending. I am hoping it will come to me.

I was inspired to begin this story while playing Dragon Age II. I really love that game so far. I have two simultaneous games going (I couldn't decide whether to romance Anders or Fenris so I figured both would do). Listening to Fenris' voice I decided I wanted to write a story where someone had that voice (does that make sense to anyone but me?). That deep, manly voice thing makes me swoon (like Rammstein's Till).  I was the giddiest creature in existence when I first started playing it and Anders showed up... And then I found out he joins your party and I almost died of excitement. I was quite disappointed you couldn't romance him in Awakenings (wow, I'm really lame, aren't I?). I am really enjoying the game and wish I had more time to just plow through it. I love how much the little dialogue differences change the mood of the whole game. My first game was with a female rogue that generally goes for the "good and just" answers, my second game was as a male mage with the more humorous Hawke. It really does change the experience even if it's somewhat the same sequence of events. Also, these differences change what quests become available. I really like it. I'm as enthralled as I was with the first one.

I really like Serj Tankian's Peace Be Revenged. I can't stop listening to it. My lastfm is a bit of a douche though. It seems to not like scrobbling anything I listen to continuously so even though I listened to it upwards of 30 times the other day it seemed to only scrobble 6 or so of those plays. Oh well.

*The sky is over...*

No comments:

Post a Comment