Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I forgot to give this a title first time around...

I am experiencing hunger.

Isn't it strange how people learn coping methods? How they find ways to work around their dysfunctions? I suppose it's not really strange, it's actually quite normal. It's something that's done every day by most adults, and maybe even some children. Teaching yourself ways to function, regardless of circumstance, that's part of the human condition.

I've always had difficulty finding a happy medium so I have two modes: panic mode or lackadaisical mode. I either care too much, or I just completely lose interest. Everyone at school always comments how I'm "so relaxed" and how they wish they were nearly as relaxed about school. Little do they know that if I didn't force myself into that state I'd probably lose my mind (as I almost have some semesters before I taught myself to cope). It is a bit frustrating though, I never quite know how to give myself the proper level of motivation to get things done. If I let myself get into a panic things don't get done anyway because I just break down. To hell with it. I just have to keep teaching myself around it.

I actually got a chance to keep reading Game of Thrones last night, it was only a little while but I got a couple of chapters read. It's fascinating so far. I'm really enjoying it, but I'm looking forward to finishing it and moving on to either the second book or something else.

I am working on a story, I may have mentioned it before. It doesn't have a title yet, but it's looking quite lengthy. I got a copy of Campaign Cartographer and am using it to make a map of the world it's in. I started to lose track of where the hell the characters were while writing the outline. Decided a map was necessary.

Added a new little guy to the previous picture:
I like how fluid he looks, I don't usually get that effect very easily. 

I'm still waiting to hear back from graduate schools. No word yet. Ah, well. Soon, I hope.

*The sky is over...*

No comments:

Post a Comment